Friday, December 30, 2011

Facso

Facso is more than a simple building...

Facso (and all the other places in the campus) is very special for me, ‘cause it has some kind of magic I coludn’t  explain, but I’ll try anyway J… I don’t know, maybe it’s just the JGM air that makes a change on everything, I mean, it’s such as if real world out there couldn’t make this places work with common laws of nature and society. When I got here the first time I thought I was coming inside Narnia!
People call this faculty ‘Macondo’, and there are some reasons to do it: As the real Macondo (the Marquez imaginary town), inside this place happen some strange things, things you wouldn’t see out there, as the collection of freak characters that you can find hanging around over here (as the ‘silver sword’ guys, who look as if they had been extracted from a ‘Lord of the Rings’ battle… beginner jugglers everywhere, or things like that). Anytime you can find an unexpected party, people drinking or smoking things you’ll never know where did they take them from, or a group of dogs playing a game of chess in the middle of the grass, moais talking with zombie-eating plants, psychodelic musicians on the walls, and lots of things I still don’t discover!
Places I love in Facso, are the edges of the windows (I use to sit down there to breathe deeply) and the gardens around the faculty. I’d like to work here, around Facso, to make grass grow in all the dry places, it would be wonderful! Although I don’t really like the front part of Facso, the one that face Ignacio Carrera Pinto Avenue.
A good thing about this place, is people that make it live: from caretakers and cooks, to teachers and students. Bad thing: I miss the sofa-beds that we had here in Winter, they never should have take them away!!!
I think I really love the faculty, an all the campus. Gomez Millas is the best place to be J

No comments:

Post a Comment